Mr. and Mrs.

Mr. and Mrs.

Bedroom Wall Decor

Bedroom Wall Decor
Simple and easy to make with a frame from Hobby Lobby and scrap material cut into heart shape, ribbon, and stuffing!

My QUILT!

My QUILT!
I used my first ever Jelly Roll (love those!) and LOVE the finished project!

Sisters

Sisters
Leah, Stacy, Ashley

PASSION

What you are passionate about was created in you to make a splash in this life that no one else can make. Make it. Make it now. -'Fresh-Brewed Life'

Forever in our Hearts

Forever in our Hearts
We love you, baby Shane. And we miss you.
Powered by Blogger.

Truth

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope.' -Jeremiah 29:11

Cousins

Cousins
Caleb - 12; Wyatt - 10; Bailey - 9; Tayler - 7; Nolan - 6; Jake - 5; Addy - 5; Brooklyn - 2; Kylie - 7 1/2 months ALL 9 cousins :)

About Me

I love being able to stay at home with my kids and hubby! Other things I love: jammies, hot coffee in the morning, Pinterest, outings with my family, sewing, scrapbooking, friends, picnics... and more!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Guess what we did????

We discovered that the more t.v. the kids watch, the less imagination they use and the more fighting they do... SO, I have made a sign to put on the t.v. that says, 'No T.V. This Week'  with some ideas of what they can do.  During the week break from t.v., their imaginations came alive!  But, eventually we would take the sign down and slowly too much t.v. was being watched (even by Jason and I).  I was asking Jason about his high school friend who did not even own a t.v. growing up.  I asked what they did.  Jason said his friend read all the time, fiction, non fiction.  The wheels got to turning.  We discussed actually taking the t.v. out of the family room and putting it away in a closet.  So, one Saturday evening Jason took our t.v. down, put it in our closet and the kids did not even notice for a couple days.  It has been nearly a month without t.v. on (except the Super Bowl, of course!) and going on two weeks with the t.v. in the closet and we can all honestly say we do not miss it!  (I haven't actually asked the kids, but they really don't talk about it much)  We read a lot more and use our imaginations!  We don't have a problem with watching t.v., we just discovered that this works best for us right now. 

No comments: